One of the biggest benefits of having a membership in the Wisconsin Correctional Association is eligibility for a student scholarship for you, your spouse, and/or child. The 2021 Scholarship Application has closed. If you have any questions, please contact Cindy Puetz, WCA Education Representative at email@example.com
The WCA Scholarship Program is designed to assist WCA members (or their spouses/dependents) who are pursuing a university or technical college degree or program certificate. Three scholarships are available. Two of the WCA scholarships are designed to assist WCA members (or their spouses/dependents) who are pursuing a university or technical degree or program certificate in criminal justice or a related field. One of the WCA Scholarships will be awarded to pursue a university or technical degree or program certificate in any field of study.
Three scholarships are granted:
- Two $1000 scholarships in Criminal Justice or related field. Recipients must provide verification of enrollment in an accredited university or technical college.
- One $500 scholarship in any field of study. Recipients must provide verification of enrollment in an accredited university or technical college.
- Applicant must be an active WCA member, member’s spouse or member’s dependent.
- Applicant must have been accepted into a full or part-time graduate, undergraduate, technical degree or program certificate.
- Applicant must be entering their freshman, sophomore, junior, senior year or graduate school.
- First year students must have been officially accepted by the college/university they plan to attend.
The WCA Scholarship Committee will select scholarship recipients with approval by the WCA Executive Board of Directors. Criteria for selection will include: academic record; school, community or association activities; and the applicant’s statement of interest in and commitment to pursuing further education according to eligibility guidelines. Recipients will be notified in writing and awards will be presented at the WCA Annual Conference on Tuesday, September 22, 2021 at the Wilderness Resort Glacier Canyon Convention Center in Wisconsin Dells.